Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chunky Churndash Finished






It's been quite a while since I posted, but I wanted to show that I did finally finish my Chunky Churndash quilt. I ended up finding the border fabric at a local trade days. I passed it over at first, I mean, what did I need a bunch of fabric with granny square motifs printed on it for? But then, I remembered my scrappy churndash quilt, and decided I would give it a try. I think it worked out really well. Here is a close-up....






I quilted it with feathers in the white portion of the hourglass blocks and also in the border. The churndash blocks, I used the Quick 9 Patch Design. Probably would have done just as well with a nice edge to edge design....but I wanted to take the opportunity to practice my quilting skills!





No comments:

Post a Comment